Lady Braves Log First Place Finish At Gamecock Invite
COLUMBIA, S.C. –Senior Livia Mahaffie led the way for the UNCP women's cross country team as she was the top finisher in the 5k race with a time of 19:58.06 on Friday at the Gamecock Invitational hosted by South Carolina. The Lady Braves were named meet champions in the opening race of the season after having tallied a team total 20 points.
The Black and Gold had seven runners finish in the top 10 including second place finisher Annette Sem with a time of 20:16.89. Freshman Julie Sem posted a time of 20:16.89 for a fifth place finish while sophomore Ashlee Doughty (20:48.44) finished seventh.
Newcomers Carrie Blankenship (20:52.04), Kendra Dorn (21.12.93), and Rebecca Roman (21:29.19) finished eighth, ninth and 10th, respectively, to round out the top 10. Senior Megan Carney grabbed 11th with a time of 21:43.98, Woodi Jones (22;28.87) controlled 12th , Janay Moore (22:34.00) managed 13th and Blair Long finished 15th with a time of 23:23.91.
The Lady Braves controlled a 41 point lead over the second place team USC Aiken while Francis Marion placed third with 66 points.
UNCP will be in action again on September 10 when it travels to Charleston, S.C., for the College of Charleston Invitational. The women's 8K race is set to start at 9:45 a.m.
- Livia Mahaffie (1st, 19:58.06)
- Annette Sem (2nd, 20:16.89)
- Julie Sem (5th, 20:29.03)
- Ashlee Doughty (7th, 20:48.44)
- Carrie Blankenship (8th, 20:52.04)
- Kendra Dorn (9th, 21:12.93)
- Rebecca Roman (10th, 21:29.19)
- Megan Carney (11th, 21:43.98)
- Woodi Jones (12th, 22:28.87)
- Janay Moore (13th, 22:34.00)
- Blair Long (15th, 23:23.91)